Effective on January 1st, 2013
This privacy statement describes how begamer collects and uses the
personal information you provide on our Web site: begamer.com.
It also describes the choices available to you regarding our use of your personal information and
how you can access and update this information.
Collection and Use of Personal Information
As with most other websites, we collect and use the data contained in
log files. The information in the log files include your IP (internet
protocol) address, your ISP (internet service provider, such as AOL or Shaw
Cable), the type of browser you used to visit our site (such as Google
Chrome, Internet Explorer or Mozilla Firefox), the time at which you
visited our site and which pages you visited throughout our site.
We may collect personal information at various times when you use our website or plugin. The more information you volunteer (and the more accurate it is), the better we are able to customize your experience. Your participation is voluntary and you have the choice not to disclose any information that we request.
The types of information we gather:
- Information you provide: We receive and store any information you enter on begamer.com or give us in any other way. You provide most such information when you use the begamer or bundled plugins. For instance, if you register for an account with us, we may collect your name, email address, country of origin, and, if you choose, your nickname, telephone number, website, company, and title. If you download and install the plugin, we collect any information voluntarily provided by you during the installation and registration process, which can include demographic information such as gender, age, occupation, household income, zip code and country. Demographic information may be correlated to web usage information collected during your use of the service. In addition, you might provide us with personal identifying information, such as mobile telephone number, when you communicate with us by phone, e-mail or otherwise, or complete a questionnaire, subscription form or a contest entry form. You can choose not to provide certain information, but then you might not be able to take advantage of many of our features. We use the information that you provide for such purposes as responding to your requests, customizing and improving our services, delivering targeted content and advertisements that may be of interest to you, and communicating with you.
- Automatic information we collect from the plugin: When you use begamer plugin, we may collect information about the websites you visit and the advertisements that you see on those websites, the searches you perform using search engines, the ways in which you use various features, and the pages you view (especially social media pages). For example, we may collect information about page views, impressions and clicks, as well as similar web usage information. For every webpage you view while using the plugin, our software transmits and stores information associated with your Internet Protocol (IP) address, which may include a domain name, the full URL of the webpage you are visiting, general information about your browser; general information about your computer's operating system; your Licensor cookie number or other identifying alphanumerical information enabling Licensor to identify your computer; and the date and time the above information is logged. All of this above information may be logged together in a single data string for each webpage you visit. Each string is logged in our database in the chronological order received from our users. In addition, we may collect information about what cookies are stored on your computer, which enables Licensor to determine which websites you have visited in the past. Although this information may contain some personal identifying information, Licensor does not use it to determine the identity of individual users or correlate it to your email address or other personal identifying information that you give us or our affiliates, except as required by subpoenas, court orders, investigations or other legal requirements. When you download the plugin, and at times during your use of the site, we may transmit Licensor cookies to the hard drive of your computer. We may also automatically collects information about the online advertisements that are displayed on the websites you visit - specifically, the text, source, and URL of the online ad - and the terms you choose when you use search engines to search the Web. Licensor also may periodically collect usage statistics from users that describe the frequency of use of each feature.
We do not only collect any identifiable information in order to optimize and improve our website.
If you are not yet 18, you are not allowed to use our services. Further, if we learn that we have collected personal information from a child under age 13, we will delete that information as quickly as possible. If you believe that we might have any information from a child under age 13, please contact us
We do not sell your personal information to third parties. However, we may disclose your personal information:
- As required by law such as to comply with a subpoena, or similar legal process
- When we believe in good faith that disclosure is necessary to protect our rights, protect your safety or the safety of others, investigate fraud, or respond to a government request
- If begamer is involved in a merger, acquisition, or sale of all or a portion of its assets, you will be notified via email and/or a prominent notice on our Web site of any change in ownership or uses of your personal information, as well as any choices you may have regarding your personal information
- To any other third party with your prior consent to do so.
Use of Information
begamer may use information (whether personal identifying information or not) that we collect about you to:
- Deliver the products and services that you have requested
- Send you offers that you have opted in to receive
- Manage your relationship with us and provide you with customer support
- Perform research and analysis about your use of, or interest in, our products, services or content, or products, services or content offered by others.
- communicate with you by e-mail, postal mail, telephone and/or mobile devices about products or services that may be of interest to you either from us or third parties
- Develop and display content and advertising (such as targeted ads) tailored to your interests on our websites and other websites
- verify your eligibility and deliver prizes in connection with promotions, contests and sweepstakes
- Enforce our Agreement
- Protect Licensor, our plugin, our websites, our customers and/or our other users from fraud, hacking or other harm
- Cooperate with legal, criminal or regulatory investigations or proceedings
- Manage our business
- Perform functions as otherwise described to you at the time of information collection
Third Party E-Commerce Solutions Provider
Our shopping cart is hosted by our e-commerce solutions provider. They
host our ordering system, and collect your billing information directly
from you for the purpose of processing your order. This company does not use
this information for any other purpose.
In computer language, a cookie is used to store data on a computer's
hard drive. Almost all websites utilize cookies to one extent or
We use third-party cookies, known as "web beacons", to advertise our
website using a technology known as Retargeting. If you would like more
information about this practice and to know your choices about not having
this information used by these companies, click here.
Certain third party advertisers may collect personal information
you provide in fields and forms presented in connection with their ads.
This policy does not apply to, and we are not responsible for information
you choose to provide in connection with these third party ads. We
encourage you to check the privacy policies of the advertisers to learn
about their use of your information.
Links to Other Web Sites
Our Site includes links to other Web sites whose privacy practices may
differ from those of begamer.
Our service may also be linked to sites or services operated by the begamer affiliates or third parties,
and may carry advertisements or offer content, functionality, games, rewards programs, newsletters,
contests or sweepstakes, or applications developed and maintained by third parties including, any online store.
begamer is not responsible for the privacy practices of any such third parties, and once you leave the Services via a link,
If you submit personal information to any of those sites, your information is governed by their privacy
statements. We encourage you to carefully read the privacy statement of any
Web site you visit.
When we collect personal information directly from you, we follow
generally accepted industry standards to protect the personal information
submitted to us, both during transmission and once we receive it. No method
of transmission over the Internet, or method of electronic storage, is 100%
secure, however. Therefore we cannot guarantee its absolute security. If
you have any questions about security on our Web site, you can contact
In order to make a purchase from us, you must use our shopping cart
provider to finalize and pay for your order. Its privacy statement and
security practices will also apply to your information. We encourage you to
read that privacy statement before providing your information.
Notification of Privacy Statement Changes
We may update this privacy statement to reflect changes to our
information practices. If we make any material changes we will notify you
by email (sent to the e-mail address specified in your account) or by means
of a notice on this Site prior to the change becoming effective. We
encourage you to periodically review this page for the latest information
on our privacy practices.
You can contact us about this privacy statement by emailing us at: email@example.com